Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Know They Say There's Nothing New Under the Sun...

But seriously, Hollywood, get off your fat, lazy behinds and do something new. I am sick do death of remakes, especially of classic horror films. Yesterday I found out that they hired the guy who did Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video to direct the new "A Nightmare on Elm Street" movie. Hello! Why do we need a remake of that movie when the old one is still perfectly terrifying? So they redid "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Halloween." Now "Friday the 13th" is coming out and Freddy Krueger (minus Robert Englund,) will be back to torment Nancy and her teenage friends.

There are ideas out there. I have them all the time myself. I am not sharing them with you, Hollywood, because you're lazy thieves. You can create newer, better, scarier monsters than ever. Just look at the time we live in, look at the things going on in the world. There is plenty of fodder for the hideous and grotesque.

GROW YOUR OWN IDEAS! Stop stealing them from other people, putting a spit-shine on them and passing them off as your own.

Please.

I'm begging you.

No comments: